Bob Lotich offers some excellent information in his e-book, How to make Money Blogging. I especially like that he has tried his suggestions, and has had proven success, prior to writing this book. I’ve been blogging since 2011 and I’m still learning. One of the main things, according to Lotich (and I see why), is that a blogger must be open to learning new things.
This e-book is a bit short, but contains a lot of valuable information. Lotich writes in a short and direct manner, which I happen to like, especially when reading books like this. Lotich also offers a Blogging 101 course for those who are new to running a WordPress blog. He also gives the basic first steps on how to start a blog, including finding a domain name, finding a web hosting package, and installing WordPress.
Lotich offers great advice through his personal, relevant, and honest experiences and opinions. He gives actual websites to help a new (or seasoned) blogger in several areas. He explains the information in a way that’s easy to understand for the non-programmers.
Just some of the ideas Lotich offers include:
- Submitting articles to other sites – of course there are a few ways to do this. I use EzineArticles and GoArticles, which are just two of the sites he suggests. (By the way, WordPress has an EzineArticles plugin, but there isn’t one for GoArticles).
- Affiliate product sales – I looked into this a long time ago, but I am considering revisiting this idea.
- Joining a directory – I have only begun looking into this (and the sites he suggests).
- Ads – while I was opposed to ads when I started my blog, I have added them, but I really haven’t seen any real revenue from them. Lotich gives suggestions on how to make these ads more effective. I have implemented these suggestions… I’ll see if they are more effective now over the next couple of months.
- Adding specific plugins or widgets to enhance the features and usability of the site.
Having implemented and used some of the practices and companies he has used and suggests, I recommend this (free) ebook (available on Kindle) to anyone interested in, just starting, or has been blogging.
The next book in his series is Pro-Blogging Secrets: Strategies, Tips, and answers You need to Grow Your Blog and Earn More, which can be purchased for $6.99 through the Kindle. I have not read this book yet, so I cannot comment on the quality, but if it is a reflection of How to Make Money Blogging, I’m anticipating that it will be good. You can learn more about Lotich by visiting his site at christianpf.com.