Here is a list of websites that you must know about when starting out as a self-publisher. Most of the sites listed are considered to be the biggest names in the industry. They are listed in a random order:
1. Google.com/AdSense: they manage the affiliate programs for many websites. These websites, including BarnesAndNoble.com, require an account with Google AdSense if you want to earn referral fees. Free.
2. LinkedIn.com: a way to list yourself and make professional connections. Free.
3. WordPress.com: the biggest, the easiest, and the best way to create a blog. Free. Also see WordPress.org
4. Scribd.com: PDF document storage and sharing; and sales of documents and eBooks. Free.
5. SmashWords.com: excellent place to get involved with publishing eBooks. Smashwords is an eBook publishing and distribution platform for eBook authors, publishers and readers. We offer multi-format, DRM-free eBooks, ready for immediate sampling and purchase, and readable on any e-reading device.
6. Amazon.com Advantage Program For Books: the largest and most important internet retail sales book site. You are going to spend a lot of time learning about Amazon.
7. BarnesAndNoble.com: the second largest retail sales book site.
8. APSS: The Association of Publishers for Special Sales: helps authors find new opportunities for sales to non-bookstore buyers.
9. iBooks.com: for sales of your eBooks.
10. BookWorks.com: the self-publishers association.
11. YouTube.com: the most important place to show your videos. Free.
12. LightningSource.com: a POD source for printed books and eBooks; will manage your POD sales worldwide, and distribute to Amazon and Barnes & Noble. Considered a back-door way to get your publications into Ingram’s database.
13. BowkerLink.com: the source for buying and managing ISBN’s.
14. FreeBarCodes.com: a great place to create Bookland barcodes for your publications. Free.
15. Linda.com: the best place for learning about publishing software. I spend a huge amount of time using this website.
16. MailChimp.com: mailing list management. Free to a certain extent.
17. EzineArticles.com: authors can post their articles in a searchable database for newsletter publishers to publish. Free.
18. PRLog.com: is an online press release distribution and release submission service. Free.
19. CreativeCommons.org: provides licenses that help the copyright owner share some rights with others. Free.
20. Gravatar.com: a website used to create your personal avatar that will appear where ever you post a comment. Free.
21. CafePress.com: an excellent website to create t-shirts, hats, etc. with graphics and images that you create. Excellent way to add a small side-income to your book sales.
22. SPAWN.org: Small Publishers, Artists, and Writers Network. Excellent way to connect with your peers. A huge amount of helpful information. Their mission is to provide education, information, resources and a supportive networking environment for creative individuals and small business owners interested in the publishing process.
23. IBPA-online.org: Independent Book Publishers Association. Excellent way to connect with your peers. A huge amount of helpful information. IBPA is a trade association of independent publishers. Founded in 1983, it serves book, audio, and video publishers located in the United States and around the world.
24. SelfPublishingReview.com: is an online magazine devoted to self-publishing: book reviews, publisher reviews, interviews, news, opinion, and how to’s.
Here are three more that you must also check out:
25. PayPal.com: a fast, easy, and very popular way to send and receive money.
26. CIPblock.com: librarian and publisher Adrienne Bashista will create the CIP block for your books. Bashista’s goal is to provide quality CIP blocks to the independent publisher at a reasonable price while maintaining a high level of service and quality.
27. Shopify: the biggest, the easiest, and the best way to sell your books through your own online store. No design skills needed, and can easily be customized.
You Will Get Coupon Codes, Rewards, Daily Updates, Bonuses, And Also Get Notified When We Refill Funds.