HireWriters – A Content Writers Review (By Luthando)

Many references to HireWriters.com (HW), a new content broker site, have come across my computer screen lately, so here we are having a look into it. On the surface HW seems to be a viable platform for content writing, but it is new so we’ll want to look into it further before giving it a thumbs up or a thumbs down.

My initial research took me to the HW home page where the site promotes that a 300 word article can be bought for as low as a $1.50. This made me a bit skeptical as to how a writer living in one of the more expensive world economies could make it worth their while to write at HW.

As I dug into the site I found that writers are able to advance their credentials and earn higher fees for their efforts after submitting a relatively low number of qualifying articles. According to the information provided on the HW site – At the highest level a writer can earn as much as $10.66 for the same 300 word article.

New writers start at the beginners level and after providing three quality articles can move to the next t level of expertise (General). Additional submissions should then advance a writer to greater opportunities within the HW community.

Beginner – This is where everyone starts.

General – At least 3 completed jobs, with an average rating of 4.0 stars and at least on-time 65% of the time.

Skilled – At least 7 completed jobs, with an average rating of 4.1 stars and at least on-time 75% of the time.

Expert – At least 12 completed jobs, with an average rating of 4.6 stars and at least on-time 85% of the time.

You’ll Need a PayPal Account

The sign up is easy enough, but you will need to have PayPal account in order to get paid. According to the site, payment is made to you every Friday, if you meet the $10.00 minimum earnings threshold.

After signing up I went directly to the profile page and filled out the bio-page information, including excerpts from some of my previous articles. I’m not sure how necessary any of the writing portfolio information was as I found three small projects that simply needed to be accepted in order to get the jobs.

I worked out those first three projects (about 250 words each) in a couple of hours and submitted them. Three days ( actually two and half) after my articles had been submitted I still had not heard back from the article buyer as to whether or not my articles had been accepted.

I found it very bothersome that I had to wait this longs, so on the morning of the third day I sent an inquiry to the HW help desk to ask if article buyers had to respond within a specific time period. The answer was; 72 hours. If after 72 hours the article buyer does not respond, the article automatically becomes approved and you get paid.

A few hours later my articles were actually all approved and I was awarded $1.18 per submission. I earned my first $3.84 at HW. More importantly and the reason I chose to get three articles completed as soon as possible was that three approved submissions takes me from a beginner status to the next level, which is “General” and allows me to write in a higher paying category.

Check Out The Article Buyers Stats Before Agreeing To Write An Article.

Regardless of where you choose to sell your writing talents, it’s important to remember that your online credentials and persona are extremely important when if it comes to you getting chosen for a specific content writing job over another writer.

In the case of HW your credentials are encapsulated into a ranking algorithm which is a combined measure of how you meet deadlines as well as the quality of your work. An article buyer can accept or decline the work you submit. If they accept your work they will associate a 0-5 star grade to each article that was accepted. If they decline your work it shows up as a number in the form of a percentage of accepted work, on the dashboard.

Fortunately HW also provides a buyer approval rating, e.g. – Articles Approved: 66, Rejected: 263, Approval Rate: 20% – If a buyer has purchased many articles and has a low approval rating, you may just want to shy away. Especially in the beginning when you are trying to build your credentials. It’s a good idea to only accept content writing jobs from buyers with a higher than 90% approval rating until you yourself have submitted ten to twenty articles.

As soon as I received my new rating I wanted to look for better opportunities and this is where I realized a shortcoming with HW. Of the fifty to two hundred writing opportunities generally available, only a small percentage seem to offer writers at anything above the beginners level payment tier. It’s up to the article buyer to determine what level of writer they will accept.

HW is showing over 12,000 registered writers as I write this post and with only one to two hundred or so assignments available at any moment you would think the competition would be fierce, but not so. I’m guessing the lack of competition is because even though the top writers are qualified to write at higher levels, the article buyers are predominately only willing to pay beginner wages (mostly).

HW looks good on paper, but in reality seems to fall short of the higher paying opportunities it promises to provide more experienced writers. We’ll give it some time to see how this new site matures, but as long as their article buyers are only willing to pay the lower fees, I believe their future will be meek at best. Still it’s an interesting revenue model and if HW can figure out how to increase revenues exponentially they may even end up with a real money-maker.

Regardless of the writing opportunities, it does appear that if you are in the market to buy articles for your blogs or online magazines this may be the place to get fair quality writing at bargain rates.

Maybe you’re a writer who is behind on their own writing assignments and need to have something quickly, this may be a perfect opportunity to get your feet wet with outsourcing your assignments. If you can purchase an article here at HW for $2.00 and sell it somewhere else for $4.00, or $10.00, or more, that’s a huge ROI.

Conclusion:

My conclusion is that HW is a reputable website that offers beginning writers the opportunity to get started with writing articles for cash. Currently the higher paying opportunities are scarce, but they do exist. You likely won’t be able to replace an income at HW, but you could probably pick up enough content writing work to supplement your other revenue producing activities.

HW also presents an ideal opportunity for article buyers who are looking to purchase quality articles at low prices. During my research I signed up as an article buyer member at HW and posted the need for a 500-700 article requesting a writer at the “Skilled” level and offered to pay $8.50, I think this translates to $5.62 to the author, or about two-thirds of the article writing fee, with the rest going to HW for brokering the deal. I logged out of my buyer member account to view the submission from the writers account side and could not find the request. It took me a moment to realize that the request had already been accepted by a writer.

Given that the request was gobbled up so quickly, I’ll continue to presume that there is not currently an abundance of the higher paying opportunities at HW, but they do exist, and if you want to grab one you’ll need to be “Johnny on the Spot” in order to beat out the other writers. I’ll also add that the writer who wrote the article for me did a fantastic job and delivered on time. I’m sure I will use them again.

Source: www.askpaccosi.com

You Will Get Coupon Codes, Rewards, Daily Updates, Bonuses, And Also Get Notified When We Refill Funds.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *