College Financial Aid Scholarship – What Most Moms Don’t Know About the New Program! (By Luthando)

There are two types of people in this world, those that do, and those that do not. The type of person that goes back to college, gets a scholarship, and gets a degree for free is the first type of person. The person that thinks about going to school, is scared to apply for a college financial aid scholarship, and continues on with where they are now is the second type of person. Which type of person do you want to be? Here is what you need to know if you are a mother and you want to go back to school.

1. There is plenty of help

As a single mother, married mother, or older mother there are a lot of options for you when it comes to paying your tuition, fees, books, and living expenses while you get a degree. There are grants, scholarships, student loans, and even work study programs that can help you pay for all the things you need in order to complete your degree and get to a better place in your working life. The best two options for you are grants and scholarships because these are sources of free money that can help you get your degree without running up a huge amount of debt.

2. Obama has set aside $10,000 for each mother.

Now when it comes to a college financial aid scholarship this is probably your best option as a mother, but you are probably wondering what this will cover. The average cost for a credit hour at a community college is around $90. It will take about 64 credit hours for you to get an Associate’s of Arts degree. This will cost you about $6,500 in tuition, $1,800 in books, and another $500 for supplies. That is $8,800 total and the $10,000 college financial aid scholarship more than covers this amount. So how do you pay for the rest if you want a bachelors degree or cannot work to support yourself while you go to school?

3. The Pell Grant

The other option that is free money for you is the pell grant. This can give you upto another $5,500 a year, which can cover a good portion of your living expense and more. When you transfer out to a state university or college to get your Bachelor’s Degree you are going to pay about $150 per credit hour for another 64 credit hours. This is going to run you over $10,000, but if it takes you two years to do so you will have enough with your pell grant to cover tuiton and a little left towards books.

4. Student Loans for Expenses

If you cannot work or need the money to help cover living expenses you can take out student loans on top of all the free money you will get. This can help you to cover living expenses and more if you need it. Another option is to not go to school over the summers and work to save some cash for the semesters that you are in school or you can take classes that fit around a work schedule as well. Regardless of what you do you need to start with the free sources of money and go from there since they never have to be paid back.


Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *