How Much Keyword Density Should You Use? (By Luthando)

If you’ve added content to your blog or website you’ve probably wondered, “How much keyword density should I put in my website pages?” Before I help answer that question and for those who still don’t know, here’s its definition. Keyword density is a gauge of the percentage frequency a specific key word is shown on a single web page.

Using proper keywords is essential to great search engine rankings but you should not over-do them. Proper keywords should appear enough times to be relevant to the content and not appear over used. This often happens when a person is trying to rank their page high for a certain keyword or keyword phrase or attempting to inflate their AdSense payouts by targeting high paid words.

When you are trying to determine the amount of times you’ve used a specific word on your page you can use this method. First establish how many words are in your content. You’ll want to leave out any HTML code and only include the content of your article. The way I’ve found easiest is to use the word count feature built in to Microsoft Word. You can find it under the tools tab.

Once you’ve figured out how many words there are, then select edit from the toolbar at the top of Word. Now choose find from the pull down menu. Once in the find popup click on replace. Now enter your keyword in both the find and replace boxes. Then select replace all. Doing this will keep the words the same but give you a count of how frequently the keyword appeared.

Once you’ve got this number you should divide it by the total amount of words appearing in the content. For example, if you’ve got 200 words of content and your keyword appears 10 times you’ll take the 10 and divide it by 200 to equal .05. Now to turn this number in to a total percentage, multiply the results by 100 to get a final output of 5%.

You’ll want to convert your number into a percentage to know if your page complies with the recommended amount of keyword density for a page. Personally, I try to keep my keyword density between, 2% to 5%. This amount has been an accepted number percentage for keyword density and I try to never exceed it. However, due to the ever changing search engine rules and algorithms, you should be aware that it’s an ever changing game.

The penalties of going above the recommended amount or using tactics like keyword stuffing could result in your site being rejected as an artificial or spam website.

You should apply this lesson to all of the pages on your site. Additionally you’ll want to remember that this rule should apply to every set of keywords on your pages. Doing this does take a little work but the rewards will be higher search engine ranking, better website exposure and a greater level of income.

Source: www.askpaccosi.com

You Will Get Coupon Codes, Rewards, Daily Updates, Bonuses, And Also Get Notified When We Refill Funds.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *