How a New Realtor Can Get Their First Real Estate Listing (By Luthando)

Getting your first listing can be one of the biggest hurdles in the real estate sales business. There are many ways to get listings, but let’s just cover some of the fastest and easiest ways. I’ll assume that you will like to keep your marketing budget low for your first listing.

I always go back to this, but start by asking your family, your friends, co-workers, ex schoolmates, Facebook friends, and anyone else that knows you. Ask them of all the people they know, who would they say is most likely to be the next person that would think about selling their house. Get them thinking about it. Even if the person they tell you about is not ready to sell yet, you now have a good potential listing lead. You can follow up with them every couple of weeks, and even set up a buyer profile for them on the MLS to keep your name in front of them.

Another way to find motivated sellers is by looking for “for sale by owner” properties, and also by following up with expired listings from the MLS. Again, I am assuming your marketing budget is very low, so let’s go ahead and use an effective yet uncomfortable technique. You can do the same with expired listings. Go directly to the house, bring your marketing material, and knock on the door. What you will say is going to differ between these two types of potential clients, so let’s go through both sales scripts now.

FSBO sales script.

“Hello FSBO person, my name is _______, and I’m a Realtor at _____________. I just wanted to stop by and ask if you plan to use a Realtor to help you buy your next house after you sell this one? (Let them respond). The nice thing about using a Realtor as a buyer’s agent is that you do not have to pay a commission, that is paid by the seller. Can I get a little information about what you will be looking for so I can keep an eye out for you? I can even set up a profile for you on the MLS that will email you listings so you get a feel for what is out there, and of course these services are all free for you.”

Note: Don’t ask to list their house when you first meet them. Most FSBO’s think they will sell it themselves, then get tired of trying. If you are the agent that has been in contact with them during this time, then you have a great chance of being the one that lists their house.

Expired listing sales script.
(Use this the same day the listing expired on the MLS)

Hello homeowner, my name is _________. I’m a Realtor with _____________. I was just stopping by as a courtesy to let you know your home is no longer listed for sale on the MLS. Your listing expired today. (let them respond). Are you still planning to sell your home? (response) Why do you think your home didn’t sell? (Response) (If they are planning on relisting with their current agent, don’t waste any more time. If it is looking promising try to go straight in to a listing appointment, or at least try to set an appointment for the same day or at least within 24 hours.)

Note: Going directly to the persons house is time consuming, but more effective than mailings or phone calls. As your marketing budget grows, your time will become more valuable and you will not want to spend so much time going to all of these houses. Use these techniques effectively and you should be able to bring in some new listings within a week or two. It is a lot of hard work, and you will need to put in a lot of time, but this is a great way to get started spending almost no money.

Source: www.askpaccosi.com

You Will Get Coupon Codes, Rewards, Daily Updates, Bonuses, And Also Get Notified When We Refill Funds.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *